“My fascination for the moving body stems from my dance career.”
Graduated from the Classical Dance course at the Royal Conservatoire, I danced for 15 years in classical and modern dance companies.
After my stage career I became a dance teacher at various institutes. I have been teaching with great love for about 14 years now. In order to broaden my knowledge, I started the Pilates Training (Polestar) in 2010. This training has given me a lot of insight. Insight into how movements are created, and how to train these movements using the right muscles. It was an Eyeopener for me! And applicable to all movement lessons I was already teaching at that time.
Pilates has now become an integral part of my life. I am happy to pass it on to others in my classes and train myself to stay fit. The contact with people, being together in a studio and helping people find their strength gives me great satisfaction!
The aim of my classes is to create and maintain a strong and flexible body. A fit body lasts longer, prevents injuries and is a perfect basis for all other forms of movement such as sports and yoga.
The lessons consist of the following parts
- Warming up, to activate blood flow and make the tissue around the muscles more flexible.
- Core strengthening exercises to train stability and coordination.
- Shoulder, arm and leg exercises to make joints and muscles more flexible and stronger.
- Stretching for flexibility
- Balance, coordination of tension and relaxation,